PROTOS WINE - ribera del duero - MAGNUM EXTRA LARGE BOTTLE -OAK 1.5L-
Protos Magnum Oak 1.5L
You never imagined that by fermenting selected 100% Tinta del País grapes and monitoring their temperature, a wine like this would be obtained.
GRAPE VARIETY Tempranillo 100%
VINEYARDS More than 25 years.
CHARACTERISTICS Manual harvest in boxes of 20 kg. Selection table. Maceration with skins for 15 days at 24 ºC.
AGING 6 months in American oak and 6 months in the bottle.
COLOR Cherry red with a purple rim, clean and bright.
NOSE Very expressive, powerful, complex, with fresh fruit, sweet spices, notes of red berries.
PALATE Intense, fruity, toasted flavor, with round tannins and a good finish.
SERVICE TEMPERATURE 12-16 ºC.
the grapes used grow in their own vineyards. The harvest is done manually and the clusters undergo a selection process. The grapes are destemmed and cold macerated to obtain the best aromas from the skin. The subsequent fermentation takes place at a constant and controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks. Protos Roble is ideal to accompany rice, roast meat, red meat, sausages and pasta with bolognese sauce.
SPECIAL BOTTLE FOR GREAT NIGHTS
• Meats: baked suckling lamb, fried lamb chops, roast lamb, veal tongue in sauce, sweetbreads, oxtail...
• Game: sautéed quail or in sauce, rabbit with garlic, roast pheasant, hare with potatoes and rice, venison loin, stewed partridge.
• Cereals and pasta: rice with partridge, chicken or rabbit, spaghetti Bolognese, meat lasagna, macaroni with chorizo, Bolognese tagliatelle.
• Cold cuts: Serrano ham, wild boar's head, chistorra sausage, chorizo, foie gras, fuet, lacón, black pudding, morcón.
• Eggs: in any of its varieties or in an omelette.
• Legumes: white beans with chorizo, Asturian bean stew, pinto beans and all kinds of stews.
• Fish: tuna with tomato, cod, tuna with tomato or onion, marmitako.
• Cheeses: it pairs very well with any semi-cured cheese.
• Soups: chickpea soup, garlic soup, Castilian soup, Madrid stew and mountain stew.
• Vegetables and vegetables: pumpkin courgettes, mushrooms in sauce or grilled, green beans with ham, vegetable stew and potatoes with cod.
The beginnings are important for the winery since they involve the implementation of the Strategy: Quality as the highest priority and Brand as a sustainable competitive advantage. This is demonstrated by the gold medal awarded to its 1927 and 1928 red wines at the 1929 Barcelona Universal Exhibition.
In March 1927, the courage and attachment to the land of a group of winegrowers from the region managed to unite their best efforts to create the Bodega, the First in the Ribera.
Those visionary men knew how to listen to the terroir, understand its needs and imagine a project for the future that, in addition to having reached the present day intact, grows and multiplies every year, and has carried its name over the past century to the top of the panorama. international to be able to turn 90 and look forward with the forces intact.
Protos, faithful to its roots but committed to staying at the forefront of the sector, built a new winery in 2008 in Peñafiel, Ribera del Duero. These magnificent facilities, designed by the prestigious architecture studio Rogers Stirk Harbor + Partners and Alonso Balaguer y Arquitectos Asociados, led by Richard Rogers, winner of the 2007 Priztker Architecture Prize, with the collaboration of the Catalan law firm Alonso Balaguer y Arquitectos Asociados, incorporate 20,000 square meters more facilities with the latest technological advances.
Quality above all else is the premise on which all Protos work is based. For this reason, the entire process is thoroughly analyzed until the wine is obtained. The vineyards are perfectly controlled by technicians and experts during the vegetative cycle, in order to achieve maximum quality production and exhaustive knowledge of all the grapes before entering the winery.